Here are some of the best resources that I’ve used for my tutoring business and others!
- Khan Academy is a great site that has tons of free educational videos that you can use to supplement and enhance your tutoring lessons.
- 99designs.com has affordable logo design and graphic design services. Choose from their existing logo shop or have your own custom made!
- Moo business cards, stickers, and greeting cards (great for customized “thank you” notes).
- Namecheap is one of the easiest and cheapest providers for domain names if you’re going to have a website made for your business. I recommend using WordPress (it’s what this site is built on) and using a good WordPress hosting company like WP Engine.
Business Management Resources
- Evernote combined with The Secret Weapon will allow you to manage your to-do list, contacts, and notes/reference materials across all of your devices. I can’t imagine running my businesses without a system like this.
- FreshBooks is easily the best option for your invoicing, bookkeeping, expense tracking, and time tracking. I used to use QuickBooks but the software was so slow, clunky, and unintuitive that I hated it. FreshBooks is fast, easy, and they have an amazing support team!
- Google Apps – I use Google to host my email and also for their apps. I track a lot of data in their spreadsheet app and I use Google Drive to backup all of my personal and client data. It’s also awesome to be able to access all of my essential business files from any computer with an internet connection! You can use a free version with just your Gmail account.
Featured Image Source: Wikimedia.